• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the true FSB of the Xp 3000+???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Falseprophet

Last edited:
the XP3000 has a 333MHz FSB, the XP3200 was the first to introduce the 400MHz, and I dont think that AMD are re-releasing the earlier bartons with the slightly pumped up FSB, or atleast nothing I have heard of (there was a new XP2600 barton which still features the 333MHz FSB)

The XP2600 was a Tbred not a Barton (comes in both 333 and 266 flavours) but the XP3000 is definitely at 333FSB, Tbreds stopped at XP2800 which were only available in limited amounts.

there is 3 types of the XP2600 now...apparently there is a Barton been released recently (there is a thread about it on the second page now of the AMD forum)

:santa2:

Wow, didnt know that! Well you learn something every day!
Edit - actually I checked the amd.com site's tech docs which confirmed the existence of not only the XP2600 but also the XP3000 in both 333 and 400 FSB flavours!

Last edited:
I havent really been keeping up with all this for the last few months - been doing other things...guess im gonna have to start putting aside an hour or two a day again to read up - im starting to fall behind :(

:santa2:

i would really recommend against buying any chip higher than the 2500+. being totally unbiased, the 2400C is the chip for you if you really want to spend 160$. if you dont want to spend much go amd.

i agree in your current situation a 2500+ will hit 2.2 ghz no problem and be as fast or faster than a 3200+ for less money! alot less money.

No kidding why would you buy a barton 3200??? Do you not realize the difference in silicon between a barton 2500 and 3200 is miniscule. Do you not realize that nf2 boards unlock the mulitplier? My 1700tbird runs at 400mhz for petes sake and I don't have some kind of extreme system or anything...

The jump from 333 to 400 mhz is just a marketing vehicle, any 333 barton will do 400mhz.

Of course maybe it's not for personal use... in that case excuse me...

I would like to thank anyone and everyone that participated in this thread. you have given me a lot of things to consider and other ideas to try. thank you everyone. SEE I KNEW THAT I WAS NOT CRAZY. THERE REALLY IS A 400MHZ 3000+ OUT THERE AFTER ALL. but I dont see why AMD would make 2 CPU's of the same level each with a different FSB 400mhz & 333mhz what were they trying to do or accomplish? could all be just trying to move on to the 400mhz train, and still keep the 333 board people happy. thanks Big. J~

Back