• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blower fan & a sk-7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dizasta

Registered
After getting my new case, I'm looking into upgrading my cooling. I was originally thinking of the aero-7 but I have since discovered it would block two of my DIMM slots. The new heatsink I have all but decided on is an sk-7, and I can't decide on a fan to mount on it. Anyone know if mounting a blower fan such as the one on the aero 7 will increase my cooling over say...an antec smart fan? I eventually plan on upgrading the specs you see below to either an Asus A7N8x-x or an Abit NF7-S and a Barton 2500+.

If you can fit it, use the Smart Fan II and the Thermaltake Ducting Mod. The main advantage of the Aero 7 blower is that it has no dead spot - using the ducting mod will take care of the dead spot on the Smart Fan II.

I recently got x2 SK-7's for use on my dual. I went for the high cfm deltas with the focusing fins on them. I would got with something that moves at least 30cfm.

The heatsink has a very good retention device, only thing I found a little tricky was the fan clips.

Thanks guys! I was originally looking at an Antec smartfan but the TT seems to do a much better job. Any ideas on the best possible position for that temp sensor when the fan is used for a HSF?

I found better results with the manual control. The temp sensor doesn't kick into high until 55C. I just manually turned it up as far as I could stand the noise (about 4000 rpm for me - it goes up to 4800).

Thats what I was debating. Noise control isn't that much of an issue for me, so I plan to not use the temp sensor and just run the fan through the nexus panel I plan on getting.

I'd humbly suggest manual control for the same reason.

All the "Smart Fans" that I've seen don't kick into higher
speeds until the temps get hot.
Personally, I'd rather control the fans myself.

Best of luck with you new set-up! ........... 'nnock :D

Back