• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK, Finally Posted...But..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

agent le'Man

Registered
I finally got the A7N8X to post by installing my old T-bird 1000 CPU. I need to update the BIOS (1002) but I am apprehensive...(actually, scared to death). The very unclear ASUS site says to use AFLASH but elsewhere on the site it says to use AWDFLASH. When I run AWDFLASH it asks me for the "filename to program". Is it asking for the new filename or the existing filename...which I don't know? Also, it does not seem to give me the option of saving my existing BIOS......I'm scared!

P.S. after getting the board to post with the old CPU, I wiped the excess Arctic Silver from around the surface mount parts on the XP2100+ and now, it too will post, albeit with the audible error message "CPU FAN FAILED". I also had to turn off APIC to keep the board from shutting down every thirty seconds.
Thanks

Use the awdflash.exe and the file name to program will be the name of the new bios, dont forget to use the full name with the file extension, then it should do a check and ask you if you want to save the old bios.

Back