• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sanding CPU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIB

I was looking at some of the intel posts and i read the one about sanding your processor to reduce heat. Can you do that with an AMD processor also, or is that stricly for intels.

I wanted to do that to my old pally actually, because there all model numbers and signs were etched on it and my concern was that this etches would prevent a good contact to the HS. But lapping directly the core was also kind of risky because silicone does not behave like a metal, it is rather like a crystal and it is fragile you could easily break it. Intels have this metall IHS's which would protect the core itself, thats why you could lap them.
Instead of lapping my pally I simply used a rather different process which is called 'SWITCH' !!??
Hehehe means switch from pally to T-bred actually, and it helped to drop temps dramatically. :D

Back