• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two IS7 systems, one won't overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Genza

I overclock my system to 3.0GHz with 250fsb and 5:4 DRAM Ratio. When I match these settings in my friend's bios, his computer won't boot. I've successfully overclocked his to 210mhz FSB with 1:1 ratio, but it won't go higher than that. We both have the same bios revision (1.3). I just don't understand why with the same bios, processor, motherboard, and type of RAM that they can't overclock the same. My only guess is the PSU, but his is supposed to be better than mine. He tried upping his voltages (on processor, dram, and agp) and it still wouldn't boot. Actually, it boots, but it shows up as 100/125 FSB/DRAM (like when you turn on the computer for the first time). Any ideas?

My system:
P4 2.4C
IS7
4x256Mb GeiL DDR400
Enermax 300W PSU
ATI Radeon A-I-W 9700 Pro
2x120Gb SATA Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 RAID0

Friend's system:
P4 2.4C
IS7
2x256Mb GeiL DDR400
Sparkle 350W PSU
Sapphire? Radeon 9600 Pro
IDE 120Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.7

Disable the last 2 GAT settings & try again. Some people, including me, have had to do that with 5:4 on that board.

That didn't seem to work. I'm going to try switching PSUs.. sometime. Don't really care right now, at least the **** works. :p

Try increasing the Vcore to 1.6, the Vram to 2.7, and the Vagp to 1.6 and see if it will boot at the same settings.

My 2.4C won't boot at 250 with stock voltage, according to bios, but when I set it to 1.6 it runs like a top at 250fsb.

Back