• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400 O/c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hemirunner426

Registered
ECS K75SA Pro (i know not all that great of a board)
B core 2400
Kingston 333 DDR
Volcano 7 lapped with tornado on top

well, i did the wire trick at 13.5x multiplier on my 2400+

it wouldnt boot at 166 like i wanted it to, so i set it to 133 and downloaded CPUFSB

i set it to 166MHz, which put the CPU at 2241MHz... and it would run. Motherboard Monitor recored the temperature at 41C (unloaded) but i went to bring up my computer and i got a BSOD then the system restarted and i had to shut the power off to reboot

so im back at 147x15 @ 2200MHz
if there is any idea's as to the BSOD im open for options
I have 1 stick of kingston 333, and the timings in the BIOS was set to safe
im beginning to think that the CPU craps out at just over 2200MHz because if i up it to 150MHz FSB then i get a BSOD & restart right as it gets to the desktop
i could of done a 13x multiplier at 166 but i dont really see the difference between that and the current settings i have now
i gain a bit in FSB, but loose it in the overall speed

possibly could it be the heatsink? at load with the tornado at about 5000rpm it sits at about 47C at 2200MHz
is it possible for it to work at 166x13.5 or even a higher multiplier if i were to get say an SK7 and mount my tornado on it?

my goal is to get the system running at 166MHz FSB, i dont really think its chipset problem as it has a 1/5 PCI divider, but i know the PLL wont allow the system to boot at 166MHz.

any idea's i'd be very grateful for

CPU FSB trys to set the PLL chip to run 166MHz FSB, 33.3MHz PCI and memory bus speed at 166MHz and it accepts it, just is very unstable

i looked it up and it seems to have a 1/5 divider, but no 1/6 (obviosuly)

some people have had no luck with the 1/5 divider... as some people have even been able to get the board to boot at 166MHz

from what i've heard, there was a revision in the PLL chip that made it on to some of these boards

Epox
EP-8RDA+, nforce2 ,SOCKET A,6PCI,AGP8X, UDMA133,3DDR333DIMM,AUDIO, LAN,USB2.0, 1394,RETAIL BOX
$79.00 usdollars, free shipping from newegg.

try that board and relieve yourself of all the headaches with this current board that you have. just a tip for ur info.

Back