• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is newegg selling nf-s 2.0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kelvinblade

how come i can't find it on their site? i only found one nf-s but it doesn't support 400 fsb... i thought 2.0 supports that or am i mistaken?!?

Found it at NewEgg here for $111 shipped but there's no guarantee of a ver. 2 board.

ExcaliberPC sells the NF7-S ver. 2 board here for $100 + $5 shipping.

And yes, the NF7-S ver. 2 supports a 400MHz FSB.

Hope that helps.

They sure are. I got one from them last week Rev. 2.0, although they still have it labeled as supporting only up to 333 FSB. I was worried I would only get the 1.2 revision since it didn't say 400 FSB support also. I've read other people have also been receiving the newer revision. Go for it.

i was thinking of going for the refurb ones that are $57 shipped
they seem like a pretty good deal
they're probably 2.0 too then right?

good chance it might be.. though it might be refurbs from abit and it can be 1.1 =d go give it a try thogh eheh cant go wwrong with 57 ;x

I just recieved my retail NF7-S from newegg today, and it is a rev 2.0. I can't wait to get out of work, and tear apart my system.. My A7N8X 1.04, just can't keep up with my new Geil :)

Ir0nman

i was thinking of going for the refurb ones that are $57 shipped they seem like a pretty good deal they're probably 2.0 too then right?

I ordered a NF7-S refurb from Newegg about a week or two ago. When the board arrived, it was a rev 2.0 & had all the extras that come with the retail board. You know, firewire, usb 2.0, SATA adaptor, ect. I thought I had really lucked out...was very happy! But after installing it, that changed. I was one of the unlucky ones & got a dead board. So I RMA'ed it back to Newegg (never a problem with them), and just bought a new NF7-S (it was rev 2.0 also). But I've heard others that have gotten refurb NF7-S mobo from Newegg and had no problems at all. I thought it was worth a shot. It just didn,t work out for me. Maby you'll have better luck.

This is by far the best board I've ever had. This board is an overclocker's dream. I've got my 1700+ Tbred B DLT3C 0319 up to 2.5 on air already. I think I can tweek a little more out of her. Just don't make the same mistake that I did. I tried to get by using a generic 500w psu, bad idea. When overclocking, my +12 rail was dropping to like +11.25v. So I broke down & got an Antec True480. That solved that problem. Anyway, good luck.

I understand that 2.1 will be soon. I think it adds gigalan? or whatever it is called.

Back