• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlapsterMcFlash

OK, new computer I just built:

p4 2.66 ghz with stock heatsink and thermal paste
albatron geforce4 Ti4680 turbo series Medusa
120 gig samsung hd
Asus P4P8X mobo
512 mb ddr pc2700 crucial ram
52x lite on cd rw
lite on dvd
floppy
450w Antec psu
2 led fans
winxp home

my system runs completely perfect in every way...
except that in the winbios asus probe it shows my +12v at 15.503 and says it's over the threshold and beeps when the program is open to show it is bad.

but in the normal bios when I go to it from a fresh boot it says that it's at 11.something, which is fine. so is this right and the winbios is wrong?

how exactly did this happen, is it (how) bad, and how could I stop it?

thanks. this is kinda an important for me because I've had the computer for about a week now and it's always like this. also, it's my first build... so I'm gonna be a bit nervous.

thanks.

If the bios shows your 12 volt rail as fine, then believe that. Asus probe is software after all and prone to bugs. You could try mother board monitor 5 http://mbm.livewiredev.com/, and see if you get similiar results. The most important thing is that your sytem is stable, and I can guarantee if your 12 volt line was really outputting 15 volts, your system would probably blow up. At least your fans would be really loud and obnoxious.

yeah the line is not that high, but trying a different software won't give you accuracy, because all software will use the same circuit to read the volt, I recommend you use a voltage tester, only way to find out for sure:(

Back