• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best chip for undervolting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crave_silence

Registered
Hey all,

I'm looking to try the 'low voltage' approach to making a quiet machine. I'd like it to have as much performance as a 1700+, but above that, I really just want it to put out as little heat as possible.

I've seen one mention of the dlt3c's being able to seriously undervolt (1.1 volts) stably on an NF7, but can't find the original post. I also see that there are mobile bartons that should run in standard motherboards , but can't find any mention of what their voltages are. I'd love to hear from anyone running either.

Any advice? What's the best chip for putting out the least juice and still being stable? Dlt3c or mobile barton?

Thanks!

The Thoroughbred core should be able to do better at lower voltages than the Barton. Mobile processors are simply hand-picked ones, just like 2700+'s and 3200+'s, both of which can be outdone by the 1700+ DLT3C. The 1700+ would be your best choice.

Back