• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp question with A7V8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've tried 1010 through 1014 beta 1 and the 1012-1014 seemed more realistic but it still seems like a big guessing game lol. It's a big improvement over 1010 bios. The cpu read 10c less than the motherboard, lol.

I never had problems w/ the a7v8x temp sensors.. But the voltage regulators sucked ***. Either the board reported everything wrong, or the regulators on the board were bad. My volts showed .2 or more lower than my nforce shows, and they werent stable on the a7v8x. My vcore would go from 1.5 to 1.54

I just installed mbm5 and the temps for the motherboard and the diode temperature match up very well. The socket temp, which pcprobe doesn't read, shows 16-17 °C higher with mbm5. As I type this im reading

pc probe cpu 29C
mb 20C

MBM5 cpu diode 29C
mb 20C
cpu socket 46C

I'm using mbm5 from now on.

Actually I searched some more and found for the a7v8x that:

asus 1 = motherboard temp
asus 2 = northbridge temp
asus 4 = cpu diode temp

Right now running prime 95 I'm getting

Motherboard 20C
Northbridge 54C
Cpu Diode 35C

I'm running 135*17 = 2295mhz

FSB is low because the Northbridge was gettin too hot before. It was 61C at 175*13 and I couldnt get stable past 2275 mhz. I need some active cooling for the northbridge I guess.

Back