• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual DDR Criteria

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overcrocked

I was simply wondering if my PC2700 ram would benefit from the dual ddr. I did notice on the box it says Dual DDR 400, so I'm assuming you need PC3200 or higher. I would just like some verification on this.

Thanks, Overcrocked

You should be able to use your PC2700 memory for Dual DDR. You simply need to have 2 identical (or at least very similar) memory sticks and put them in the correct memory slots. You can test your memory bandwidth using Sandra. You should see your memory bandwidth increase about 2-4%.

I think they advertise Dual DDR 400 simply because the mobo can handle the higher memory speed, and you always want to advertise your fastest settings.

Right, thanks. Funny thing is I didn't install my ram and the guy who did it didn't put the DIMMs in the proper spot for dual ddr :D, so I'll have to change them around.

Thanks, Overcrocked

Back