• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L3 Bridge mod...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pandadude

Disabled
Ive cut the 3rd and 5th bridges atleast a dozen times but to no avail. The cpu still works, and there are big scratch marks in between the bridges, but it just wont let me have a 13x multiplier. Thanks for all and any help.

--Mo--

my system:
8rda+
1700+

(Im doing this mod because my cpu maxes out at 12.5*210 and i cant go over 1.9 volts with my mobo unless i do some ridiculously hard ovp mod)

Thanks again.

If you can't go over 1.9 volts with your mobo, why do you need a 13x multiplier? Are you limited to a max FSB speed of 210 MHz and not CPU limited to a max speed of 2625 MHz? Having access to the 13x multiplier will only help you if you are FSB limited and not CPU speed limited.

Anyway, you could always try the mobo socket jumpers to get access to the 13x multiplier instead of trying to cut the bridges. See the following website:

http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html

13 didn't work for me either; I had to go to 14. Although maybe you didn't cut bridge right through.

K ill try that. I can only go over 210fsb at low multi's, but my nf7-s is coming in a few days so ill be happy then.

Actually dont bother, I just cut my L3s and you cant get 13 anyway. Mine wont do betwenn 12.5 and 16 so it mus the be the mobo.

oh, here is a picture of the wires on my mobo.. sorry pic is a little crappy...

attachment.php

dont have permission to access the page, but is it the same as at athlon-unlock.co.uk?

Bigdogbmx said:
Actually dont bother, I just cut my L3s and you cant get 13 anyway. Mine wont do betwenn 12.5 and 16 so it mus the be the mobo.
Bigdogbmx - when you cut the L3'sand entered the bios did you try to access the higher multis or did you use the lower multis asuming that the because of your old mobo it would add 8 onto the multi you selected? (eg selected 7 would give 15).

Errr I have a bios that transates them for you. Like it will say '7/15' .
So I tried all from 5/13 to 6/14 and no success.
I think there is something wierd going on because I cant get anything other than 15 and 16 now whatever I select. Might be because I cut the 4th L3 as well as the 5th.

Back