• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who has OC'd a 3200+ Barton???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steele1743

Registered
Ok, Ive been in here a week and have learned a lot and now its time to get info on the reason we all are here....Has anyone OC'd this CPU and if so, what kind of insane speed can I pull out of it?? I believe, if you look @ the siggie, my sytem is begging to be thrown over the edge as soon as I get a good cooling system in place :D

I know people who have gotten as little as a 200mhz increase in speed :-/ You would probably be better off with a 0330 barton 2500.

That figures..man I got this chip cause I figured I could eventually, under the right circumstances, crank the heck out of it since it was relatively fast to begin with...

I think that was a pretty drastic scenario, im sure you will be able to do better, just dont expect the same levels of oc that a 2500 or 1700 would give...

steele1743 said:
That figures..man I got this chip cause I figured I could eventually, under the right circumstances, crank the heck out of it since it was relatively fast to begin with...

Yup, the chip is already near is max. Flagship cpus hardly ever overclock well.

ok, so then, I can sell it to someone on ebay for stupid money and buy a 1700 or something and get more speed....? :D

Yeah, id do that, and get a barton 2500. Excaliberpc.com has the 0330 which is doing 2.5ghz on air for $98 shipped.:eek: :eek:

How big of an idiot can I possibly be? LMAO which proves I have NO IDEA about AMD, Ive always been an Intel slave until a week ago

I saw one person on these forums with a 3200+. They reached 2.5ghz with stock voltage on air. Its luck of the draw, as with any other branded speed processor. But to say that the 3200+ will actually do worse ultimately than a lower one is rather absurd. First, actually try overclocking it. I'd be very surprised if it didn't surpass most 2500+ by a bit.

well I dont claim to know a lot about OCing but I do know that my processor is unlocked.....I read somewhere how to tell and it appears mine is...

All Thoroughbreds and Bartons are unlocked. WIth your board, you should access to all multipliers between 5x and 22x.

steele1743 said:
ok, so then, I can sell it to someone on ebay for stupid money and buy a 1700 or something and get more speed....? :D

Well, the 3200 and 1700 will reach about the same speed. It is just the 1700 is much cheaper.

cack01 said:

Well, the 3200 and 1700 will reach about the same speed. It is just the 1700 is much cheaper.

I'm inclined to think otherwise, although I don't know for sure, since just about no one even buys 3200+'s. I speculate that 3200+'s should end up about 200mhz faster than a 1700+ with identical voltage and cooling.The higher Bartons do seem to have superior steppings to all others, but again, no one bothers to buy them, so there is no definitive information. Could you please post your stepping code, btw, steele?

from the sig of Gautam....
Athlon XP 1700+ JIUHB DLT3C 310UPMW @ 2545 (11x221)
You have a chip thats exactly like mine I can only get it to 2455 stable,prime95 etc, 11X223 is what I have now ? what are your real numbers??, just curious!!

mata2974 said:
from the sig of Gautam....

You have a chip thats exactly like mine I can only get it to 2455 stable,prime95 etc, 11X223 is what I have now ? what are your real numbers??, just curious!!

:bang head: 11.5x221, sorry. I can reach a 228mhz fsb, but I haven't quite finished refining my overclock yet. My last prime stable was 2535, but this passed 3DMark03, which translates into stability 99% of the time IMHO.

Steele1743: You will need to remove your HSF. Underneath the core, there will be a sticker with various numbers and letters. Find a code that reads something like AQX_A 03___P_W.

alrighty then, Im @ work..you guys are gonna have to wait for the answer to that question till tomorrow :D

Back