• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7000A-cu question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seer33

I've gotten out of the 92mmtornado, slk-900u jumbo jet phase and am now more interested in high performance, with low noise, can anyone confirm if the 7000a-cu from zalman fits in a abit nf7-s 2.0 rev board without have to modify the board/cooler?

Hello BUMP back so you don't feel abandoned, but unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. Sorry. Hopefully someone else will step up with some info soon.

Instead of jumping straight to the Zalman, why don't you keep that Thermalright for a while. I mean, it's a great sink. Either get a rheobus for it, an adjustable fan (TT SF2), or a quiet fan (panaflo 92mm stealth), and see how it works out.

To help out with your original question. This link here shows that the abit NF7-S does not have mounting holes, so you wouldn't be able to mount the 7000A.

thats the 1.1 rev tho. i know the 2.0 has mounting holes, i just need to know if it will fit on there with having to bend anything

I know you asked this question a very long time ago, but I have an answer. you have to use a dremel to cut off one of the wings on the heatsink so it can screw onto the pieces that are screwed into the mobo. its a little confusing, but if you get the heatsink, you will see what I mean. I have the heatsink on my NF7-S right now. Hopefully its not to late

still_runnin said:
I know you asked this question a very long time ago, but I have an answer. you have to use a dremel to cut off one of the wings on the heatsink so it can screw onto the pieces that are screwed into the mobo. its a little confusing, but if you get the heatsink, you will see what I mean. I have the heatsink on my NF7-S right now. Hopefully its not to late

Are you positive? From what you're saying, it sounds like you have encountered a problem to clear the resistors on the board by cutting into the fins of the AlCu? I have a more 'petite' Abit BE7-G, and the AlCu fits rather nicely and does not touch anything on the board.

35-118-109-03.JPG
Maybe you can edit this image showing where you had to cut?

Seer33,
Look at what duner said. Why give up the better heat sink(Tr slk900)? Just use a different fan. I will second his recomendation to use a Tt SFII that allows you to adjust to your own db/cfm level. Or go with a quiet 92mm Panaflo which will give you the best cfm/db ratio for that heatsink.
Kinda silly to waste the money already spent to get an inferior HS/Fan combo. Just change the fan.

The part you need to cut is one of the two silver peices with two holes to put screws in it. that way, it does not hit the resistors on the left side of the cpu socket. otherwise, it hits them. if you cut off one of the holes, it will work. the hole you cut off is for the P4 setup anyways so nothing is lost

Not on topic exactly, but I just wanted to say that I picked one of these up for my P4. It's exceedingly quiet at full fan rpm and does a great job cooling. This coming from someone who jettisoned watercooling.

still_runnin said:
The part you need to cut is one of the two silver peices with two holes to put screws in it. that way, it does not hit the resistors on the left side of the cpu socket. otherwise, it hits them. if you cut off one of the holes, it will work. the hole you cut off is for the P4 setup anyways so nothing is lost

Okay, the mounting hardware did go a little bit over the P4 retention mechanism.

*Makes a note*

Back