• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S SATA Problem - Won't Boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ducker

I've got my NF7-S ver 2 mobo all set up and working well. One problem though, when I tried using the Serial ATA adaptor that came with it, no boot. It can't find any HDD's. But if I take the adaptor back off and just plug in the HDD with the ATA cable that came with it, it boots & works fine. I've installed all of the SATA drivers that come on the install cd. Am I missing something, or is it a mobo issue? Here's my rig:

1700+ T-bred B DLT3C 0319
NF7-S v2 BIOS 18
Liteon CD burner
80 gig WD Special Edition HDD 8mb cach
512 Corsair XMS PC 2700
GeForce 4 Ti 4200
Win XP Pro

I'd like to figure out if it's just the adaptor or in the mobo. I've got a WD Raptor on the way to replace the 80 gig HDD. So...if it's just the adaptor, no problem, that won't matter in a couple days. But if it's not....that is a problem. Any help, ideas, or sugestions would be appreciated. Thanks

I got it resolved. Just needed to take the jumper off from "master" position. The instructions that came with it said to set the jumper to master. But, apperently they are wrong. I removed the jumper all togeather, rebooted, and it booted up just fine. Thanks anyway.

Back