• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maj. differences between Tbred A & B?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axion

Basically here in the UK it is IMPOSSIBLE to get an assured TbredB 1700+

however i can get a 1700 DL3TC... although it could be either...

its either that... or import it from Excalibur...

should i risk the A/B thing? keep returning until i strike gold?

what are the real differences between A & B?

you may well have saved me LOADS of hassle... we shall see :D

If you can get a guaranteed DLT3C JUMP ON IT!!!!

The DLT3C is a tbred b and is the chip to have most people with it get at least 2.3ghz out of it.

...But the DLT3C can also be a T-Bred A, in which case you'd be lucky to get 2.0ghz. I'd suggest calling up the vendor to see what stepping they precisely have.

My "A" core 1800+ only overclocks by 300MHz. Compare that to a 'typical' "B" core overclock of 700-900MHz. And my "A" is the "L" voltage too.

apparently Tbred A's cores seems to be appearing again, so i would advise finding out the stepping for sure.
Another thing to do, is go to your local computer fair, there are many traders that sell cpu's and they will in most case's allow you to look through their tray's of cpu's, so that you could pick out the right stepping if they have it

london

pclincs dont have a JUIHB DL3TC in 1700+ form but they do have a 1800+

shall i get that? or continue my long... boring... difficult search? will i really get a lesser o/c with a 1800?

Back