• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman Heatpipe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmTSea19

I just installed the Zalman ZM80C-HP heatpipe on my 9500 PRO. This may be a stupid question, but I don't know the answer, so I want to make sure. Is the heatpipe supposed to get so darn hot to the touch? The reason I ask, is because it is very hot, yet my Zalman CNPS-7000 CU heatsink is very cool to the touch. Should I put a fan on the Heatpipe?

I have the same card you have and mine got hot to the touch also. Now i am overclocking mine and i have a 120mm fan blowing on it from my window and the card wont get above 100f.

It is up to you if you want one or not, mine did fine.

I have no idea what the temperature is, but it is very hot to the touch. It got that way immediately after I installed it. I am not overclocking right now, so maybe I'll leave it alone a few days and see what happens. I guess I can always put a Zalman bracket and fan on it. Thanks.

Back