• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new is7 bios is out today :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spade

Disabled
heh sorry, im just happy
theres no real point to his post, other then me jumping for joy over the new is716.exe available off abits website.
also for is7-e, g, and "m" ;)

althes said:
Cant wait to dl it, and give it a try

I used Flashmenu for a second time and worked like a charm! The BIOS seems stable so far but I dont believe I will use anything in this update. The temps seem a bit high as well. Hopefully when I get my 2.4C the +255 FSB update will do its thing!

BTW if you use Flashmenu and it looks like it froze, it most likely didnt. Today it looked like it got stuck on "writing to main block" but it was fine so you do not need to go crazy!

hey someone do me a favour and try using flashmenu AFTER youve already updated to this new is7 bios ok? mines now telling me, your bios doesnt support flashing from the internet.
its the weirdest thing, ive been suing flashmenu since like
oh bios 12.....

Spade said:
hey someone do me a favour and try using flashmenu AFTER youve already updated to this new is7 bios ok? mines now telling me, your bios doesnt support flashing from the internet.
its the weirdest thing, ive been suing flashmenu since like
oh bios 12.....

you have 16 and want to flash back? You should have a backup .bin file with your old BIOS and you just select "update from file" I do it this way because it is safer.

I will have to give this a try later. I hope it addresses the issue with 512Mb DDR sticks and OCing.

oh no, dethshaft, once i flashed to the current 16, i just tried using flashmenu, because it wasnt available thru flashmenu when i found it thru manully picking thru abits website.
once i installed it, i tried to do it using flashmenu, and it told me my bios doesnt flashing in that manner.
so in other words, once i had it, it seems flashmneu didnt want to let it work in the future.. capice?
heh, id like someone else to try it and see if its just mine thats doing it.
thanks..

hmn.. just tried this out of general curiosity, i reinstalled the 15 bios, and then rebooted, then tried to d/l and install 16 and guess what?
flashmenu told me 15 was already up to date.
seems you can only get it off abits website, or my flashmenu isnt working correctly.

Spade said:
hmn.. just tried this out of general curiosity, i reinstalled the 15 bios, and then rebooted, then tried to d/l and install 16 and guess what?
flashmenu told me 15 was already up to date.
seems you can only get it off abits website, or my flashmenu isnt working correctly.

16 is not available through Live Update. Not yet at least. You need to get the self extracting exe and then you are good to go. BTW it did the same thing for me.

thanks dethshaft, i was curious, and partly scared that i had somehow jacked my bios/computer thru o/c'ing.
hopefully the ic7 users have thier new bios too by now.

cheers

Spade said:
thanks dethshaft, i was curious, and partly scared that i had somehow jacked my bios/computer thru o/c'ing.
hopefully the ic7 users have thier new bios too by now.

cheers

No prob. The only thing that scared me was the .exe was titled IS7g.exe or something like that, and I know I dont have an IS7-G but it all worked out but I did have a sweaty palms while updating. Flashing BIOS on an Abit board is like playing Russian Roulette with 5 bullets!

Just download the bios to your desktop, and then use Abit's Flashmenu to update the bios.

BTW - with Bios 16, I can run 270fsb with 1:1 ratio.

Back