• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU temp on KT400 Ultra Platinum Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxlaser5

Registered
There are 2 CPU temps showing in BIOS:
CPU Temp External and CPU Temp On Die.
Which CPU temp should I pay atention to? I noticed that the boot screen will report the CPU Temp On Die (higher temp) but the Soyo's Hardware monitor only reports the CPU Temp external (lower temp). I tried a utility called "Hardware Sensor Monitor" and it reports both temps.
I am confused.

I usally pay attention to the higher one because that is the one that auto shutsdown if it gets to hot. I use MBM5 and it reports the on die temp.

Tc3 Toad said:
I usally pay attention to the higher one because that is the one that auto shutsdown if it gets to hot. I use MBM5 and it reports the on die temp.

Thanks, TC3 Toad

On die is the one AMD puts in the chip. While the external one should be the one in the socket (which most other mobos go by). So the on die temp is way more accurate, but in comparison to most other people's temps they are reading from an external sensor.

accurate amd on die temps

how accurate are the amd on die temps though? i've heard mostly negative things about what they report.

whats your cooling, thats usually about normal unless u have a thermalright900 or something then i would say u had a prob

Back