• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Question on Xp 1800+ B Stepping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aznboi64

I tried to look for this stepping but didn't find any info. I just bought a Xp 1800+ B core AXDA1800DLT3C JIUHB0322TPMW. Is the stepping good? I'd like to hit 2.2 @ stock 1.5v.

aznboi64 said:
I just bought a Xp 1800+ B core AXDA1800DLT3C JIUHB0322TPMW. Is the stepping good? I'd like to hit 2.2 @ stock 1.5v.
I don't know about stock voltage, you should be OK upping it as much as 1.75-1.80 V to hit 2.3 easy, it's higher than that that's not recommended. Post where you bought the CPU since that's the one people want to get.

How's your cooling?

I'm going water cooling, but would like to have it as high as I can witih air cooling. Hitting 2.3 @ 1.75v or higher is pretty low for me in terms of speed. Since I've read people hitting 2.4 @ 1.65v. I bought the CPU from eBay. Its a retail one. I e-mailed tons of people about the xp 1700 cpus, but since I found out that the xp 1800 is just the same if not better. Plus its more abundant then the 1700. I did though find one guy on eBay that has the JIUHB0322UPMW steppings. I'll talk to him more if he will sell it straight through besides using eBay.

Really, for how much and was it brand new?

Of course you should hit higher. They just average around 2.3.

Mine comes with everything in a retail box. and its new. $60 shipped.

2.3ghz is average, and what you should reasonably expect. My processor didn't even make it to the 2.3ghz mark on air, but a whole different story on water. Be reasonable with your expectations, or you're guaranteed disappointment.

The person that has the DL3TC JIUHB0322UPMW steppings is offering me $45 + shipping *$4.50 first class w/confirmation or $7.50 priority w/insurance*. If anyones interested I can give you his e-mail. And would the UPMW stepping be better then mine which is the TPMW?

Back