• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is something like this an effective cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeanTownBrawler

http://www.svc.com/whsyco.html

I really wanna lower my cpu and system temps. My system temps range from 30-35 c and my cpu temp ranges from 40-52 c (idle temps). Im looking for an alternative to making a hole in my side panel, and I also dont want to get any new heatsinks or anything. So right now I am looking at that cooler thingy and the oc kit over at svc.com. Thoughts?

No... It's a few CFM out one of your pci slots. I'm sure you can do much better with a little work.

Lol but I'm lazy and I really dont have the tools to do any major stuff to my case. Plus, itll cost just as much. Casecooler.com has a 45 cfm one for 12 bucks. Also, what about ducting my heatsink

Its not worth the measly $6 you would pay for it. Why not spend $15 and get a heatsink that will get you 30c idle? Also, I would fill up any fan slots in your case, if you havnt already. Those case temps are about the same as my idle proc temps.

Ya it ****es me off. I have the vantec aeroflow heatsink which is supposed to be decent. I may have put too much AS3 but I cant get the dam heat sink off to reapply. And I think my airflow is crappy because my temps drop like 5 c each when I take off the side panel.

Are you having stability problems? If not, and you don't want to overclock further, don't worry about it.

If you really want to lower your case temps you'll need to make one or two 120mm holes in your sidepanel (for fans of course). If you don't have any tools try borrowing from a friend or calling machine shops in your area.

Ya I just dont wanna go over like 45 c load. What I think I'll do is get a northbridge cooler and make a hole in the case for a big 120 mm fan. Also, I may make a one in the top for exhaust. Now I just need to reapply the AS3 but I dont wanna break the mobo trying to get off the hsf

put a small pice of old photographic negative under the lugs as you push down. this protects the board from scrapes with the clip but will not help if you bash it hard with a screw driver. just do the job in good light when your not over tyered or in a rush and it will go fine. also take the mainboard tray out if it come sout this give you much more space.

I have one of those slot fan coolers. Helps a little but not that much. That OC kit with the duct should help quite a bit though.

Cgr, you have it in the best spot, from what I can see of them, but you should leave the slot under it open, so it can pull up the air, like I bet you already have done.

the slot coolers like posted in the first post, in my experience they are just noisy, and don’t help much with the temps, the best fix is a blow hole in the top of your case, I like 90mm, but you could use any fan, or just the hole in the top, it will help allot more, and the hole is free :D

My case has 4 bays, I have the baycooler in the top with the fans poointed down so they draw air up in and out, and my cdrom is in the lowest bay.

I keep my burner on my server so burning doesnt interrupt my main machine.

This dual fan unit has served me well.
The ends swivel and slide back and forth so
you can aim them anywhere you like. :)

coolingfan_1752_9019450

It uses twin 45mm fans so it's almost impossible
to get high flow replacements. :(
Both are aimed directly toward my RAID drives now.

They didn't do much at first but it works a lot better since I cut out
most of the grill in the back. Actually saw a two degree drop
inside this cheap generic case too. :)

Back