• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rga+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cintrone

Registered
Has anyone had any success achieving high FSB (over 220) with this motherboard? I just purchase this mobo along some Buffalo PC3700 2x256MB and an xp1700+ jiuhb 0319 and I was wondering what results to expect.

No dice yet since my New Pc4000 ram hasn't arrived yet...

Hints:

Remove completely the 133/166 jumper
You will need to actively cool the Northbridge when you raise the motherboard vdd to achieve the higher FSB. 1.6V is stock but you'll need to go to at least 1.8 maybe 2.0 to get over 220

The best I've hit is 217, but its my ram thats off..

Also think about putting some ramsinks on the MOSFETS, they get VERY hot on the 8RGA+ when you raise the vdd..

Check the limit of your RAM first by setting the memory to run at 125% of FSB and tune down your CPU and motherboard to 175MHZ or so and work your FSB up 1mhz at a time till you hit the wall with your ram.. Epox bios lets you adjust most everything so you can raise the DDR voltage to 2.63 or 2.77 to get the higher numbers...

After you see what your ram can do you can then Isolate your motherboard by running your CPU at a LOW multiplier like 7 and set your memory to 83% so you can test your motherboard WITHOUT taxing your CPU...

Soon after you should find the MAX fsb that the motherboard can do, then you adjust your ram and CPU till your system ROCKS!!!

Good luck..

check this site. most if not all of the trick for the RDA work with the RGA & i can give you a few of my own. between mr Hefner & myself we'll get you going http://8rda.com :thup: look at tips & tricks then cooling. the RGA is a great board you just have to know how to set her up. later;)

well i have the 1.1 version of the 8rda+ and it hits 215mhz fsb at 1.6 vcore, and goes up to at least 225mhz after i volt modded it to 1.85, this is all with pc3200 ram from hardcorecooling.com and i get memtest errors at cas2 when i try to go past 225mhz so i leave it at that....id be willing to bet the new 2.0 8rda+ with the vdd adjustment can hit 220 pretty consistantly.

also the nf7-s 2.0 is known to hit high fsb's

Back