• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ showing Vdimm at 3.24!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

forlack

Registered
I just put in a new Graphics card and so i decided to reset my CPU with some new paste. I pulled out my ram just to make sure everything was cool and put it back in. I flipped on the power and my system turned off. I checked everything again and flipped the switch....booted up fine except the vDimm said 3.24v!!! I reflashed the bios switch ram slots everything short from reseating the CPU. I'll change the vDimm settings in the bios and it still shows 3.24v at boot and in the PC health. I dont know if my 8rda+ is going crazy now or if my ram is really taking 3.2v. I hope not. Any feedback?....

Yet another Vdimm-mod method! (Just kidding)

I'd be concerned too, since it sounds like you've lost board voltage regulator for Vdimm.

If you've done the Vdimm mod, I'd check to see if there is a visible short between the regulator chip pins.

I have no other thoughts, since it sounds like you've done about everything else.

Hope it works out.

my vdimm on my old 8kha (?right orrder or is it hk8a?) was actully my 3.3 volt reading. my -12 volt also read as +2 volt.
it ran fine i just ignored it.
I might have bashed my winbound chip or some thing duno.
i dought that the memory will last long at that votage and would expect it would get very hot. pull it out after its been on a bit. see if its hot. also run memtest to make sure it works.

Back