• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12x133 1700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

I am only running 133mhz ram so I can't raise the fsb, but when I raise the multi to 12x133 (instead of 11x) everything works fine but nowhere in windows in any info screen does it say it is running at 1.6ghz, it still says 1.47ghz.. does this mean my chip is locked? what does it mean? do i need a benchmark program to tell me that what the true clock of my cpu is? btw, its a 1700+ palomino.

You have to unlock it. I can't remember the bridges to modify, but a search on google will get you what you need. Also do a search for wcpuid. That program will tell you what you want to know about your cpu.

And you can possibly try to raise the fsb if you haven't yet. You can overclock ram you know. :)

yeah raise fsb, yeah my ram is ddr 133 (266) but i run it at 144ddr (288).
if your memory does not like bing pushed. (it should go at least to 144) then relax the memory timings. this will be easyer than doing modifications to the chip as the pits need to befiled before they can be joined.
option 2
all the t-breads are unlocked get a t-bread b 1700 these have a reputaion of geting well over 2ghz on air

Back