• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this enought cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
and do i need to cool the nbridge I only saw one nbridge cooler on newegg but it looked wose then what comes with the mobo im getting (A7N8X Deluxe)

You won't need to replace your northbridge cooling unless you are going to be ocing your fsb alot. If that is the case I would suggest you just switch motherboards to something like the abit nf7-s instead of worrying about replacing the northbridge cooling on the asus.

As for your fan choice the best all out cooling of those 2 fans is the tornado. Alot of people like the smartfan2 because you can adjust the fan speed. If you have not ever heard the tornado lemme just say it is LOUD.

yeah i heard it sounds like a f16 is taking off in side ur case ill probly go watercooling or somthing i just dont like the idea of water flowing around in my case, so i guess ill get a nbridge blockanyway thanks for help.

Don't go for the tornado, I did and thought that i could handle the excruciatingly loud whir coming from it, but after about a week, it cracked me and i have still not fully recovered.......:rolleyes:

The only reason I got rid of my northbridge cooler is because it was too loud. I replaced it with a passive heatsink, and its still good up to 228mhz. Seriously, the northbridge does not need much cooling at all. I'd also heavily advise against a Tornado. I once used to a have an equally loud Delta 38, and I couldn't take it. No overclock is worth that excruciating noise level. Just buy a Smartfan II, and in that case, save some money and go with an SLK800. At that point, further cooling won't accomplish anything.

Back