• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which out of these.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
either one is fine =d they give similiar results but i did find ceramique cleans up a bit easier.. plus its a dollar or two cheaper

I have been a AS3 fan for a while. Since there is not much performance difference, I tend to go with AS3 even though its more expensive. Just personal preference

What i have heard is Ceramique is a little harder to apply, but gives slightly lower temperatures.

hehe thanks :) but how exactly can it be harder??

also on the here i have seen alo of ppl say put a think layer on blah blah blah, but on the artic silver site theere is a pic where the it has just been squashed down by the heat sink :S:S no im really confused heh :p:):)

TOOLS REQUIRED:
One tube thermal compound
One Razor blade (credit card works if you're clumsy)
One Processor Die

DIRECTIONS:
Place single drop of thermal compound on top of die, while held in place by motherboard ZIF socket.

Direct thermal compound across entire surface by aid of a razor blade or other thin flat surface (much as one would when putting grout on a floor for placing ceramic tiles).

When flat, remove all but a 1mm thick layer of compound and replace remaining compound from flat implement, back into thermal compound container.

Attach heatsink, waterblock, shim(s), or evaporator and power on.

On a side note, if you use more than one shim, perform the same action for each shim layer until reaching surface of actual heat exchanger.

yea follow arctic silvers directions. 1mm is WAY too thick, i mean way to thick. and don't put the thermal compound right on the die... put some on the heatsink and then use a razor or something to spread some onto the die. Whatever the website says:p

i use a sandwhich bag. put a small dab in the center of the heatsink and rub it into the sink until it's about the size of a quarter. as far as thickness goes it should be just thick enough so the base material won't show. my sink is copper and i smear it in until i see orange then i smooth it out so it looks all grey.

yes, but use a razor blade to thin it out, and rub it in with a small plastic bag on the heatsink. Thats right children, die = razor blade, heatsink = rubby rubby plastic baggy, all very thin layers.

Back