• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Huge IC7-G Issue..........Please Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2ntense

I used Flash Menu sunday night and now my system is INOP. I simply clicked one step update, the update completed and asked me to reboot and now my system is down.

What it's doing:

When I turn the computer on I get the first "beep" and can read what the MB detects as my CPU and the Memory size is correct. But, the system freezes right there. I cannot get into the BIOS at all. Also, Memory is spelled "Meeory" on the screen.

What I have done:

I have followed as per the user manual all CMOS reset possibilities and all have failed. I then ordered a new BIOS Chip (Abit's suggestion), installed it and am getting the same results. I have pulled out one stick of my PC3700 and tried the other DIMM slots with the single stick (and vise versa with the other stick). I have also pulled my Ti4600 and put the my old GF1 in place of it, still same results.

What I have not done:

I have not used different memory because I don't want to drop the money. If anyone thinks this could be the issue let me know. Maybe the board has issues alone with Corsair PC3700 TwinX.

Abit support on this issue is BS! They proceed to tell me that the reset techniques will fix the issue even after installing the new BIOS Chip that I had to pay for (because I used there update software and bios!!).

Please Help

Thanks
2ntense

Maybe a bad battery? I would unplug components such as memory to see if I could get any further. But this does sound like a BIOS issue, and since it didn't go away with the new BIOS chip, it sounds like the battery may be the problem.

2ntense said:

Abit support on this issue is BS! They proceed to tell me that the reset techniques will fix the issue even after installing the new BIOS Chip that I had to pay for (because I used there update software and bios!!).

Did you try resetting the CMOS after the new BIOS chip was installed? (I presume you did and it didn't work.)

Very dissapointing to hear that Abit is treating you like this. I supect you will need to RMA the board to get it taken care of.

Did you get the BIOS chip from Abit or some third party? How much did it cost?

Xymurgy said:
Maybe a bad battery? I would unplug components such as memory to see if I could get any further. But this does sound like a BIOS issue, and since it didn't go away with the new BIOS chip, it sounds like the battery may be the problem.

I will try the new battery, didn't think of that. Thanks.

Re: Re: Huge IC7-G Issue..........Please Help

Since87 said:

Did you try resetting the CMOS after the new BIOS chip was installed? (I presume you did and it didn't work.)

Very dissapointing to hear that Abit is treating you like this. I supect you will need to RMA the board to get it taken care of.

Did you get the BIOS chip from Abit or some third party? How much did it cost?

I did try resetting the CMOS after the new BIOS Chip install. Also I got the chip from Abit site. The cost was $17.00 plus I had it shipped next day! What a waste. Do I just call them and say I want to RMA the board?

Re: Re: Re: Huge IC7-G Issue..........Please Help

2ntense said:

I did try resetting the CMOS after the new BIOS Chip install. Also I got the chip from Abit site. The cost was $17.00 plus I had it shipped next day! What a waste. Do I just call them and say I want to RMA the board?

$17 is such a ripoff. There should be instructions in the mb manual for getting warranty repair, but in your case I think you should call them and tell them you want to send the BIOS chip back as well and get a refund for it.

Xymurgy said:

I bought a new battery and still the same results.

Try disconecting both power connectors remove all memory and cmos battery then clear cmos jumper for 2min.

Sorry if you already tried this, but this is what got mine going again.

able said:
Try disconecting both power connectors remove all memory and cmos battery then clear cmos jumper for 2min.

Sorry if you already tried this, but this is what got mine going again.

Thanks, but I did try this as well. This just plain sucks. I got an RMA for it a little while ago. I guess I'm just sending it in tomorrow.

Thanks for the help :)

Back