• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thoroughbred on K7T266 Pro2, any chance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shiyan

Hi, I have a pretty old motherboard based on the KT266A, the K7T266 Pro2.

I already looked it up at the MSI website, and they say that thoroughbreds will not work on this motherboard.

Problem is that I can not find palominos any more.

The slightly newer version of this board, the K7T266 Pro2U does support the thoroughbred though.

I am wondering. Is there any way I could get a thoroughbred to work on this board (through unlocking or something)? Is it a voltage issue?

What I have found so far in the bios:
Multipliers: 6.0, 6.5...11.5, 12.0, 12.5/13, 14, 15
FSB: 100~164
VCore: 1.725~1.85
VDimm: 2.5~2.7

I guess I could go buy a secondhand palomino, but I don't really want to do that.

you may be able to get a 266 fsb tbred to work. Also i think they say its incompatible because the tbred voltage is lower than 1.7 with decent cooling you should be fine.

I respectfully disagree with funnyperson1.

My disagreement is based on actual experience with a SOYO board that officially supported Palominos only and not T-Breds.

The forum search function is not working, otherwise I would point you to several threads where I detailed my experience and problems in trying to run a T-Bred on a mobo that officially only supports Palominos.

Do not confuse being able to boot into Windows with compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back