• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Successful overclock ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GeorgY

I would like to your oppinion on something.

I recently started overclocking. Im runnung an Barton [email protected] (200x11.5) (1.85 vcore) on an A7N8X-Deluxe mobo with 2x256MB Kingston HyperX PC3500. I'm cooling with 5 case fans and an SLK-900u running with a Tornado (running at full blast)

Whatever I do I can't seen to get past 2.3 (maybe its because im running on pc2100 since i RMAed my kingston after i found out it has compatibility issues.

Here is a screen shot:

overclock.JPG

Is that considered a succesful overclock with those temps? Anything that I can do to lower them ?

Thanks.

are those temps during prime95?

also that toolbar on the top of ur screen looks mighty handy?

could u send me a link to that?
thx

I dont think you can get much higher on air. Im currently setting up a friend with a $30 watercooler, on par with about an slk-800, but silent. For a bit more you can easily get something far better, and perhaps hit 2.5. Then again, some bartons just wont go very far.

Cool, thanx for the bar.

For the overclock, you could get some more with more voltage, although 1.85v is pretty high. But more cooling would definately be a good thing.

It's a good overclock.

YviE

Back