• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confused by NF7 and Siren

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feuerkampf

I purchased an NF7 2.0 and it came flashed with the 1.7 BIOS I believe and an Athlon 1700+ JIUHB DL3TC.

This setup was great running at 2.4 solid as a rock, My Abit board died, looked like a bad stick of ram shorted out the memory controllers or something. RMA'd it to Abit and recieved another NF7 2.0 but it was flashed with the 1.8 BIOS. Now I can't run at 2.4 anymore. Same cooling, same PSU, same CPU. At the same voltage as before 1.775 the machine will boot into windows and then hard reset. If I go any higher the system will post and then shortly after shut down with an irritating two tone siren.

I have tried a different PSU and I had the same problem. Considering everything is the same is it possible that perhaps the BIOS revision has made the board much more cautious in what voltages it allows?

Or maybe I am a moron.

Anyone?

I have tried a different PSU and I had the same problem. Considering everything is the same is it possible that perhaps the BIOS revision has made the board much more cautious in what voltages it allows?
If thats what you think , or perhaps you have done this already, then go back and flash to bios 1.7 and see what happens? Mine came with 1.8 and occasionally siren sounds when I put too much voltage or try to tweak the memory settings. Try disabling apic mode and all those other options

Back