• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

South Bridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

countermods

Disabled
HEY ALL I WANNA COOL MY SOUTH BRIDGE JUST 1 PROBLEM I DONT KNOW WHAT CHIP IT IS i have and abit kd7 raid mobo and there are 2 big chips one say kd7 raid and other one says via i think the via is the south bridge just wanna make shure before i put a hsf on it im gonna get an iceberg gpu cooler on it

ok if the via is the south bridge what it the kd7 raid one is that for my raid controller

countermods said:
ok if the via is the south bridge what it the kd7 raid one is that for my raid controller

whoa whoa whoa dude... what are you asking? is the kd7 raid chip the one for your raid? huh?

North Bridge and South Bridge chips look a bit different than the other chips on a motherboard. If you look at the VIA chip near the one end of the memory slots on that motherboard you can see that it doesn't have the pins coming out at the side of it. The chip also has something like a green "base plate" with a gold strip in one corner around it. That'll distinguish the Bridge chips from other chips on a motherboard.

ok i know the via chip is my south bridge. But what is the chip that has the abit kd7-raid chip for is it my raid controller or something else

XJ said:
Use punctuation please, as my face almost exploded whilst trying to read that. :/

HAHAHAHA i agree BTW

threadjack: what about on a gigabyte board? what will it be labeled?

countermods said:
thats what i was asking but olmi confused the crap out of me thanxs

i was just messin around heh.. i was basically just askin you to use some puncuation :D

stan03 said:
threadjack: what about on a gigabyte board? what will it be labeled?

somethin like this

8IHXP-RAID.jpg

I don't think that's it, OLMI. :)

southbridge.jpg

The chip on the left is the southbridge (Gigabyte GA-7VAXP). The promise chip is probably my RAID controller.

Last edited:
Back