• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I swap 8RDA+ bios chip onto NF7-s rolleyes:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mata2974

Can I swap 8RDA+ bios chip onto NF7-s

Just in case my bios goes south can I replace a dead NF7-s bios chip with a chip from a comatose 8RDA+ ??? I think its possible, whats your opinion???:rolleyes:

Omg.. i just thought of how you could make it work.. and i just spend 22$ on a bios savior kit for my nf7:(.. i never even thought about this..
Say your nf7 bios is corrupted.. Boot up your 8rda+ with a disk with plain DOS and the NF7 bios flashing stuff on it.. When you get in DOS take out your 8rda+ bios and put the NF7 one in.. now flash the nF7 one with the disk.. then put back the 8rda+ one and reboot and you should have 2 working bioses and boards.
I can't believe i didn't think about that... i just bought a damn bios savior kit like Friday.:cry:

the only problem is if the NF7 bios is dead and the 8RDA is dead then there isnt any way you can flash the 8RDA bios chip with the NF7 bios.

However, a hot swap and flash is possible, and assuming the physical chips are the same, which they probably are.

Yes.. i just noticed your 8rda+ is dead.. hot-flash the 8rda+ bios in the nf7 while the nf7 is still ok and keep it as a backup nf7 bios.

Back