• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

epox +barton 2500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boki019

how high can Barton 2500 go with 8rda+ and air cooled system?
and WHAT cooler to buy?

Welcome to the Forums!

It can go anywhere from 1.83 to 2.3-4Ghz depending on numerous factors :D. An SLK-7, SLK800, SLK900 are good options for a HSF with this combo.

Spend some time looking through the threads in this forum to see what people are getting with that board and cpu. In fact, check my sig for starters!

Good luck and welcome!

Max stable settings for my XP2500+ were 210 X 11 or 215 X 10.5 in sig system.

Some report 2.5Ghz air-cooled.

Good luck!

everything is OK>
but nobody says WHAT cooling your Bartons!?

Is TT volcano 9 a good choice for >20 euros or if not WHAT else?
10X!

It depends on your stepping. i have an early step (AQUCA0307vpaw) it went 2.2ghz on stock volts w/slk800 but beyond that it needed alot. it went 2360mhz on air(48c load)
& 2541mhz on water but i ran out of volts. later steps are doing better.

most info in sig but is now running at 2.34Ghz 1.85volts (12x195)
can't get this board any higher :mad:
temps range from 39'c - 41'c idle 41'c - 45'c full
(temps depend if ac is on)

Volcano 9 is a good hsf..I have it in my second pc.

But u should get a thermalright heatsink...On cool days my 800a gets my OC'd barton down to 40c load.

the best buy right now is the sk-7 and pretty much any 80 mm fan....even the 1$ ones will work just fine.

get it at www.svc.com.....it has been in and out of stock alot lately though.

but if the only thing you can get is the volcano 9 then get it...its not to bad of a heatsink.

DipStickTony said:
the best buy right now is the sk-7 and pretty much any 80 mm fan....even the 1$ ones will work just fine.

get it at www.svc.com.....it has been in and out of stock alot lately though.

but if the only thing you can get is the volcano 9 then get it...its not to bad of a heatsink.

Yeah... I'm gonna have to go ahead and dis-agree with you there [office space reference]

I wouldn't go with a cheapo $1 fan, they don't move much air. I would recommend the Smartfan II, that's what I use. SVC is great, btw.

Back