• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I get higher.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Net-trix

Registered
Rig Config
ABIT NF7-S v. 2.0 Bios version 1.8
Mushkin Dual Channel PC 3200 2,2,2
Barton 2500+
Enermax 435W PS

Northbridge heatsink replaced with Microcool heatsink
Passive heatsinks added to MOSFET and PLL chips

EXOS water cooler

Ambient Temp. 31 C
Die Temp 46 C

Presently running at 11*206
memory timings at 2,2,2,11
vcore 1.7
vdimm 1.8
vNB 1.6

CPU interface enabled

I have tried everything to get the FSB higher. If I raise the vcore..I get lockup within minutes of running Folding @home. I have tried to relax memory timings..also a no go. For some reason I cannot get a multiplier of 10 to run anything higher than 210, so I am sticking with 11. However, I notice that my 12V rail dips to 11.75 at load. Could this be hindering me to go higher FSB? Any suggestions would be appreciated. With watercooling I thought I could get higher than what I have above!

Thank you.

have you determined what the max fsb for the motherboard and ram are yet? i guarentee its higher than 206fsb. if not, basically what you do is lower the multiplier to a low clock speed, ie 8. now start out at 200fsb, with ONE stick of ram in dimm slot one. begin tinkering. raise fsb, and when needed, raise the chipset and Vdimm voltages, till the fsb wont go higher stable. next disable CPUinterface, see if it helps, try going higher. ok so now you know your max fsb for the chipset and ram. next use memtest86 to findout if its your ram holding you back on the fsb oc. if so, try another stick. make note of results. if its not the ram holding you back, and the chipset voltage is maxed (1.7v), then a Vdd mod may be in order. if youve done all this, then youll have a real good idea of you max fsb. so now its all just a matter of uppin the cpu multiplier and Vcore till you hit your target OC. you may want to tinker with the FSB too at this point to try and find the max cpu speed. what i mean is if *just theory* a processor will run at a max of 2.5ghz and your max fsb is 220, a 11.5 multi will put you at 2530 , to high,max is 2500. so what you do is lower the fsb till it works out right. in this case it would be llowering it to 217fsb X 11.5multi=2495mhz.... right on the money pretty much.

that make sense?

Load optimized settings
Flash to bios 10 using the windows flasher thing from Abit.
Load optimized settings
Turn the Vdd up to 1.7, make sure agp speed is locked on 66mhz
Lower multi to around 8 and find your max FSB limited cpu as a factor then find a multi that will go with the max fsb to get a good cpu speed

Disable CPU Interface with 10 or 10.5 multipliers, I gaurantee you will get higher, there is a known problem with this enabled with these multipliers, try 9.5 with CPU Interface enabled and up the fsb and you'll definately see an improvement that way as well.

Before doing it try with vdd 1.7v. It should be enough to reach 220 Mhz

Just some advise on the vdd mod. Just to be safe, when checking your voltage w/ a multimeter. I would only check on the solder point. Maybe I'm just retarded but the current arced and fried my mobo when checking the other point. It also happened to someone else at these forums.

Back