• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead NF7-S?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JMcMasterJ

Registered
Hey, I just got this motherboard yesterday and now it doesn't even show the red light. I installed it yesterday and it was working fine, and I tried overclocking it, but it wasn't too stable, although the cpu temp was 30 C, so I just tried to run it regularly to install windows. My hard drive was set on SATA and I couldn't get it to install windows, so I switched the hard drive to IDE and then it wouldn't even power on. So I switched it back and it still didn't work. I tried clearing BIOS and all that and it still doesn't work. I hope it's not something wrong with the hardware. I probably should have cleared BIOS earlier. The manual said it shouldn't be dead, but I tried all of the things it suggested. Any ideas? Please Help.

Oh yeah, I have a 2500+
sk-7
sf2's
350w Fortron psu
radeon 9600 pro
corsair pc3200 512mb

could it be the psu? Hmm I need to figure it out. Please help!

Hey, thanks. I unplugged everything except the memory and vc and now I get the red light again. Next step is to hook everything back up; I hope it works! :)

Ok well now I got the motherboard to turn on, but now I can't get it to boot up. It did boot up before I had these problems. Could it be the bios? or is it the cpu or connections? thanks

Ok well now I got the motherboard to turn on, but now I can't get it to boot up. It did boot up before I had these problems. Could it be the bios? or is it the cpu or connections? thanks

Okay, what do you mean???, you must be doing this outside, just barebone, right, like suggested above. Does the green light come on ?, any beeps?, if no green light or red for that matter and you have verified that the CPU is not dead then maybe, maybe, bios chip is dead. Just eliminate each component ...if you can swap them or if you have spare ones
Try the insert key at boot up trick.

Yeah I got the green and red light to turn on now. The computer turns on now, but the problem is that nothing is coming on the monitor (it stays in standby). I have an extra video card I could try. ... Ok I tried the other vc and it wasn't that. I guess it's the bios.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for your help. Everything is working now. Yes, I ran it barebone and then reinstalled the cpu and pretty much removed everything and then put it back and so now it works. There was nothing physically wrong with it thank god. Especially since all of the internal components except for the drives are new. I cleared the bios afterwards and replaced the jumper and then everything started working again. :)

Back