• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New case, no power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brans Freestyle

I just bought a new Chieftech tower case from newegg with the 450w power supply. i switched the mobo (a d850mvl) over fine, but when i plugged in the mobo power and the 12v, and then the switch and light cables nothing happens. when i flip the power supply switch, all the fans spin for a second and stop, which has always happened, but when i push the power button i get nothing. ive tried diff cable locations and everything.

i've looked up on intels site the specs on where the cables go, but its not working. does anyone have any ideas, or if availible pictures of something that can help me get this thing running?

Last edited:
Make sure your board's not grounding out on the case or one of the mobo standoffs. Take the board out of the case and just hookup the CPU/HSF, RAM and Vidcard and see if it POSTS. If so, start looking for where it might be grounding out.

do you have the 20 pin power plug? if so there may also be a 4 pin plug that is not hooked up

Back