• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my nf7-s, saweet!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timmybighands

I got my board today. Thanks for all your promting. I must say, I have never installed and set up a system as fast as I did this one.

The raid went fine. Detected all drives, and even the sound went okay. I read alot about sound issues and data corruption for the SATA raid. I am happy to say that I have experienced NONE of those problems. :)

I dissabled the APIC in bios before installing the OS. My only complaint right now is that my 3000+ (400FSB) is not overclocking too well. I would think that with the high wafer quality of this chip, I could pull 220 easy. Well, I cant. But I did bump my multi to 11 (11*200=2200) with NO problems. Maybe some of you have more suggestions. Thanks!

What CPU, memory, and NB voltage are you running? What memory are you using?

Obviously you need to up the NB voltage to 1.7 volts if you haven't done that already. Depending on your memory you may have to up the memory voltage some also. I found that I could not run 220 FSB with slower memory timings such as CAS 3.0. I had to up the memory voltage and run CAS 2.0 in order to boot and remain stable at 220 FSB.

I am not an expert on APIC, but here is what I understand. When APIC is Enabled, it gives you extra IRQ's in Windows which you may or may not need depending on your computer hardware setup. Some people say that Disabling APIC in the BIOS prior to installing Windows makes your computer more stable when trying to reach very high FSB speeds. If you are going Disable APIC, you must do so prior to installing Windows.

Hi,

I am running 768 of HyperX 3200 memory with no voltage increase. Also running the 3000 with no voltage increase. Also running NorthBridge with no voltage increase.

I was kinda hoping this thing would run on "magic" lol. Anyway, I'll bump the above to the specs you provide and let you know. Thanks.

I would suggest the following:

CPU - bump the voltage up as needed, depending on the CPU multiplier and FSB speed you are using it may require .05-.20 volts more than CPU default
Memory - bump the voltage up to 2.7-2.8 volts and Cas 2.0
NB - bump the voltage up to 1.7 volts

Back