• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advise + info needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KevDaMan

Registered
I am getting a Barton 2500+ and a GIGABYTE GA-7N400PROII and some ddr 400 RAM and I need a bit of help before I pick it up so I have my facts straight.

will this nForce2 Ultra board give me all the options to change the multipler from the default so I can overclock without physically moding the chip? such as chaning fsb or the default multipler

Also with that barton 2500+ is it possible to run at a bus speed of 400mhz. I have a Volcano 11 hsf

I'm expecting to run at 2 ghz or more with a 400 fsb. whats the chances ? luck of the draw or extreamly good?

All nForce2 ultras are fine but Abit nForce 2 mobo is the one that overclocks most. Note than even inexpensive Epox & Soltek can do more than 400 FSB (double [200])

You say "some DDR", how about this one:
http://www.memoryx.net/gn256pc3200.html
You can get way more than [200] FSB with it.

ok I'm thinking of getting the ABIT NF7-S board its a bit cheaper and seems to overclock just as well. I plan to run the Barton 2500+ at a 400mhz front side bus to atleaset give me about 2.0 ghz clock speed. I have a volcano 11+ Xaver edition HSF to bring to the new cpu. as for RAM I need something that is cl2 but cheep

XP 1700+ palmano core
512mb ddr 266
19 inch KDS Xtreme FLAT CRT
120 Gig WD Special 8mb cache + 40 Gig Maxtor
ASUS Geforce 4 Ti 4800Se clocked at 300/625

Back