• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to tell a 1700dlt3c??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

Hi, I am totally excited about this 1700+ (i have a palomino 1700+ and it won't overclock at all, even if i only increase the fsb by a couple points, it won't boot).. so my question is how do I tell which is the 1700dlt3c chip that everyone is raving about?? At newegg.com i see one advertised for $47, and it says its a thoroughbread, but nothing about dlt3c.. is every thoroughbread a dlt3c?? I probably won't be able to order it since I live in Canada, but if I find one here, I need to know which is the right one to get.. I know thorough's have .13micron die, which is how I would differentiate from a palomino (which can't be found anymore anyway), but i want to make sure I get one of these beasts with a dlt3c designation that you all love.. also, this one for $47 has a model number AXDA1700.

A lot of people have been getting thoroughbred A's from newegg. www.excaliberpc.com has guaranteed dlt3c's. It will say dlt3c on the black sticker. Theres no way to tell from a mail order place unless they gaurantee it.

Careful, newegg sells 1700+ T-Bred A's now.
They overclock 300 MHz less than T-Bred B's.

T-Bred A's have a stepping code which ends in "A": xxxA are T-Bred A's
T-Bred B's have a stepping code which ends in "B": xxxB are T-Bred B's

There are 1700+ DLT3C T-Bred A's
and there are DLT3C and DUT3C T-Bred B's
The only way to distinguish between the two is by the stepping code last letter (A or B).

Really, all T-Bred B's average 2.2 to 2.4 GHz, depending on the rest of your system.

Code thread:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=222237
+ check out the AMD FAQ
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=190168
for more code info.

Last edited:
so what is the diff?

So what is the diff between dlt3c and DUT3C?? most of the hype here is about the dlt3c's, but the way you worded it, it doesn't matter as long as it is a t-bredB and not A.. is this correct? what is the diff between the two chips (dlt3c and dut3c) when it comes to OC and stability/performance?

Trypt said:
So what is the diff between dlt3c and DUT3C?? most of the hype here is about the dlt3c's, but the way you worded it, it doesn't matter as long as it is a t-bredB and not A.. is this correct? what is the diff between the two chips (dlt3c and dut3c) when it comes to OC and stability/performance?

JIUHB + dUt3c = :) ..\|/.. JIUHB + dLt3c = :D

It's the lower default operating voltage.
The second letter denotes this:

"U" = 1.6 volts

"L" = 1.5 volts

dLt3c ... or ... dUt3c ???

AIUGA = Tbred A .. (all are dLt3c)
JIUHB = Tbred B .. (dUt3c or dLt3c available)

You see, "normal" Tbred B operate at 1.6v.
However, AMD made some Tbred B that operate at the lower 1.5v.
Less voltage = less heat. And we know what that means.

Be VERY careful not to fall into the stepping trap.
Since the Tbred A runs at 1.5v default some vendors
are captalizing on this and listing only the "dLt3c" number
hoping you will jump without checking whether or not it's
a B core.
But we want a Tbred B not an A, right?

Last edited:
Trypt said:
most of the hype here is about the dlt3c's, but the way you worded it, it doesn't matter as long as it is a t-bredB and not A.. is this correct? what is the diff between the two chips (dlt3c and dut3c) when it comes to OC and stability/performance?

DLT3C T-Bred B's have been known to go a tad bit further at lower voltages than DUT3C T-Bred B's.

Guaranteed DLT3C B's cost a whole lot more as DUT3C is $49 free shipping guaranteed here:
http://www.gameve.com/store/gameve_viewitem.asp?idproduct=267

I think that people should pay more attention to other parts of their system as well and that's why I worded it like that.

If you can choose, go for DLT3C B but honestly I wouldn't pay 40% more to get a guaranteed DLT3C B over a DUT3C B, particularily since 2100+ guaranteed B can be had for the same price of the 1700+ DLT3C B.

very helpful..

Thanx, good info, however now the inevitable question, why do we want T-bredB and not T-bredA if both are dlt3c and both run at 1.5V?? What are the advantages, disadvantages (now that you so thoroughly explained the rest).. thanx in advance.

Oh don't worry about steppings. According to some people, they're totally useless to determine if your chip is going to overclock or not. :rolleyes:

Tyranos said:
Oh don't worry about steppings. According to some people, they're totally useless to determine if your chip is going to overclock or not. :rolleyes:

Then why do JIUHB absolutely own JIUCB? - Look at the CPUdatabase.

Throroughbred Bs have something Thoroughbred As do not - an extra layer of copper interconnects built into the silicon to help in reducing impedance and noise. Thus the Tbred Bs can overclock much higher without losing the signals to noise.

I know, I go by steppings too. I was just being sarcastic in regards to some "amazing" things someone said.

I bought a DLT3C XP1700+ Tbred B (JIUHB) from Excaliber several weeks ago for $70 shipped.

I've had it Prime95-stable at 226 X 11 in sig system.

Terrific value processor.

grrrr.... i have the same setup bad4u and right now i'm at 12 x 166 @ 1.7v. I bought a DLT3C XP1700+ Tbred B (JIUHB) from excaliber like a week ago and i haven't given it a bunch of time to overclock it yet.

my goal is 2400mhz, but we'll see. right now it cuts out when playing bf1942. I haven't found it's sweet spot yet.

i also have 1 stick of corsair pc3200, i need to update my sig....

excaliber?

So whats the url for this excaliber site that ships these wonderful chips?!

EDIT: nm, i found it! a bit pricey, since i am in Canada..

Last edited:
c627627 said:

. > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

If you can choose, go for DLT3C B but honestly I wouldn't pay 40% more to get a guaranteed DLT3C B over a DUT3C B, particularily since 2100+ guaranteed B can be had for the same price of the 1700+ DLT3C B.

I'd have to agree.
Spending an extra 40% would be a waste for the average
user, ... even for most overclockers for that matter. Like you
said, the 1.6v Tbred B is a great OCer too.
But for the avid OCer only the top chip will do. ;)

It's too bad the only source left is a place that charges extra
to guarantee delivery of a 1.5v Tbred B.
Got my retail 0310 WPMW for only $62 from
PC SupplySource.
Back when these "super 1700" were first discovered there
were many vendors selling them for the same price as
their other Tbred B.
Vendors weren't charged extra for the 1.5v Tbred B. They were
part of the regular shipment I believe. Many consumers
didn't even know their chip was different until they spoke up in the forums.

more..

Also, as I said, I own the Via kt600 chipset, so I the pcibus is not locked, i am pretty much stuck with 133/166/200fsb unless i want to run my system out of spec which i am not comfortable doing even though some peeps on here have said it was ok or even good to overclock by a bit.. i've never heard of pci running over 133 so i won't do it.. its not worth it for me seeing that upping the pci by 10 or so only gets you about 100mhz at a 10x multiplier.. maybe if i read more about it and change my mind... so this in mind, all i really want to do is overclock the 1700+ at 200fsb with a multiplier, and 11x200 is much plenty for me, i figure getting 600 more mhz (and more) is enough, no need to hit 2500mhz, so probably no need for the dlt3c.. although i could be wrong, if the dut3c doesn't go to at least 200x11, i wouldn't want it. let me know

Back