• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally a contender for the NF2 crown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like kt600 with dual channel.. maybe this time they will put pci/agp lock in it at least

eheh damn VIA are rolling out those chips fast.. wasnt too long ago that they release the kt600 =d and remember they said the kt600 would leave nf2 trailing too.. now they admit that its slower than a nf2

only real problem with this is after September, its highly unlikely you will see 'new' SocketA products.

With AMD's push to the Socket 754 (Athlon) and 939/940 (opteron), we will be left scrambling for stuff like we did when Intel jumped ship to I810/815 after the 440BX craze (or the Slot-to-Socket jump both AMD and Intel made).

I am almost tempted to say 'too little too late'.

We will see though ;)

Travis

all I have to say about my past experiences with VIA are never again...as long as this young overclock draws breath there will not be a VIA chipset under his use

sorry if you like VIA chipsets, I just dont :santa2:

Competition

I'm just happy that VIA was given a run for their money. Before the NForce2 came out, we had to put up with the crappy kt400 and other buggy boards. With the two companies competing like this, the consumers are ultimately going to enjoy the benefits.

Wohoo competition.

-Ish-

Any manufacturer that's actually gaining a market share almost always has the better product. nVidia conquered 3dfx, and now ATi is trying to do the same to nVidia. It's the same in the mobo market. nVidia is making better products than Via right now. Unless two companies are in very close competition, you really only have one good choice. Right now, it's nVidia, but in the video card market, it's a tossup which card you can get cheaper.

Back