• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cable Sleeving

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nick Burns

Your company's computer guy
How much does sleeving your power supply reduce temps on average? I already keep my wiring pretty neat and out of the way, but will sleeving reduce my temps even more? Where is the best place to buy sleeving and heatshrink? Are there any online guides to sleeving? What tool/s do you use to take out the molex pins? Or do you even need to?

Anywhere from raising temps to lowering them by a few C.

Sleaving isnt really what lowers the temps its getting the cables out of the way so more air can go through, my cables arn't sleeved but I can gaurentee (well, I guess I wouldn't really know until I tried byt there is no reason I can see for it to have an effect) you that it would not effect my temps to have them sleaved.

Sleaving is really just for looks though, due to shotty wiring before hand it oftentimes helps temps.

I was thinking it was just for looks, but I was trying to justify the $30 or so that I would spend to sleeve them by saying that it would help my temps, but that just isn't so.

sleeving definetely looks cool, but watch out. dont order any blue uv sleeving if you see any, it doesnt react like at ALL. frozencpu.com doesnt even send you uv sleeving, it's just regular *sigh*

Nick Burns said:
I was thinking it was just for looks, but I was trying to justify the $30 or so that I would spend to sleeve them by saying that it would help my temps, but that just isn't so.

$30 for wire sleeves:eek: :eek:

I just got sprial wrap from Home Depot for $2.50. Nothing fancy, but it keeps it looking clean.

fb41ed08.jpg

I just folded and taped them, it worked for me cause air circulation in my PC was horrible the case is just not big enough so I had to make some space.

Nick Burns said:

whoa, hold it waaaiiit. go to svc.com and if you spend 30 bucks on sleeving your gonna get like 108 feet.... wich i don't think youll need. to the point get your sleeving from svc.

Back