• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking the Barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tripwire

After searching Toms HArdware. I can't find a definitive guide to unlocking the Barton Core 2500+. If anyone has a tutorial, or an in depth explanation of what to do, I'd be greatful. I ask this assumign that its not the same then Palamino's. Thanks.

For the Barton 2500 the processor is unlocked - and you will have availability of at least all the multis up to 12.5 if your bios supports multiplier manipulation. Check the sticky in the AMD cpu section for more info.

All the proper bridges are connected, also if you want to go higher than 12.5x (only nf2s can switch between the 2 ranges with no moddification) you need to set the the 5th bridge manually. Put another messge up if you need help with that.

Just got my barton today, and I did realize that it is locked past 12.5x. If there is a quick and easy way to connect the 5th bridge, please let me know, and if its not easy/quick, let me know anywayz. thanks a bunch everyone!

It is "4" bridge on this site. I think this might work or you might want to hard code it. I haven't ever tried to screw with the 5th leaving the others alone to allow bios changing. I just hard coded to 16x for my dual athlon (133mhz) system.

That site discusses hard wiring the multiplier correct? So am I to understand if the 5 is closed, it will be open to manipulate the Multiplier in the bios? That would be best for me.

IF the multiplier slection list in the bios only goes to 12.5 there is nothing you can do except hard code it higher and then FSB overclock it. If the list goes above 12.5 but none of the settings respond, then hard code the cpu to the 13x multiplier and you will have switched ranges.

If this is a 8rda+ board do exactly like me with my 8rda and hard code the multiplier to 13x, but the only problem that you won't be able to access 12.5x and anything below that, but you will have now access to 13x and anything above it. There is nothing to connect, only to cut. I use the 5v PS method to cut the bridges. do a search on it and how to do it.

Back