• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of changes are usually made in Motherboard revisions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

Hey, just like the subject says :) I just would like to know what kind of changes are usually made in motherboard revisions? I just don't want to buy a motherboard and find out something way better was added to the same model later. Thanks :cool:

i think on motherboard like the abit nf7-s rev 2.0 there were some random things fixed that gave better performance.. and i think serial ata was messed up a bit?

about how long does it take for manufacturers to release revised motherboards? And how many times do they change them? I want to get the last revision on any motherboard if possible. I hate it when manufacturers change things after I buy the product. thanks.

Will a motherboard manufacturer usually replace your motherboard with a later revision in a case where they find a component prone to failure like you mentioned dropadrop?

soundfx4 said:
OLMI, I just noticed your sig. You have one of the best DVD burners out there, nice :D

ya hehe, it's really cool. i havent had any problems with it at all. it has burned everything for me so far.

anyways.. i dont think you'll be able to predict when new motherboard revisions come out.. if you see that a lot of people are complaining about problems with a new motherboard you might want to wait to get it, but other than that im sure it's hard to predict heh.

Ok, Thanks for the help everyone! If a new mobo comes out I will wait for a while and watch it (if I'm interested in it that is) to see how it is doing. Well, thanks again everyone!

Back