• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E - no post!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

I've been reading at the techsupport.com forums and apparently this board is buggy as hell. Maybe some of you guys can help me out. Everything powers up, HDD spins, but no post. Nothing at all, no video.

P4C800-E
P4C 2.8GHz
2x512MB Geil Golden Dragon PC3200
Matrox G450 dual-head
Leadtek TV2000-XP
56K Modem (Intel)
2x120GB WD Special Ed. HDD
DVD-RW/+RW/CDRW
Floppy

I've tried two PSU's, one 350W and another 450W. I'm out of ideas!!! Can anyone help?

BTW - I checked all the basic things, so don't bother with telling me to check if the power connector is on backwards or something like that :) I even took off the heatsink clip to check for bad soddering on the back (apparently a common problem).

--Illah

Try to reinstall the bios using EZ FLASH
Check your manual for instructionson renaming a downloaded bios on a floppy and press <alt>+<F2> at the onset of post

have you flashed (or whatever its called) the CMOS, thats what i do when i f@#k my system up overclocking it (which has happended 3 times now).

Yeah about the P4C800E Dx, so far im not impressed much, i feel really let down, i guess i just expected more from Asus. Hopefully the boards bugs can be fixed with a new BIOS.

Has the board ever posted or is this no post problem from trying to OC with failure? Need some more information to try to be more helpful but here are a couple of things to try.

Remove the battery and replace it after about 10 minutes. Power up. This sometimes works if there has been a bad OC.

Try disconnecting everything from the system except:
Video card, floppy, one hd on master ide1, keyboard, mouse and only use one stick of ram in single channel mode. I am assuming that you are not getting any type of beep signal from the boot. Are you getting a Auto shutdown? Is the boards ready light on? Make sure that the video card is seated well in the slot.

I have both a P4P800-E and a P4C800-Dlx and have not had any issues with either one. Not that it matters what mine is doing when yours won't post but thought I would mention it to show that at least my boards are running fine and have for months.

I had the exact same problem with my p4p800 deluxe.
I heard everything boot up, except the screen would just remain black.

All my other parts were just recently used on my older setup, so I knew everything worked.

First, you might try re-seating your vid card, along with everything else.

If you've tried clearing the CMOS and that still doesn't work, I would just suggest getting a RMA.

Thats what I did, and the new board worked perfectly.

Back