• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 2.05V for a DUT3C Tbred B?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UjinR

Registered
Is 2.05V for a DUT3C Tbred B safe?

Is this voltage safe in an air-cooled system, assuming that the temps are kept between 50C-55C?

Last edited:
imho do not go over 1.8x volts Vcore on permanent bases.

(I say in my humble opinion but what I really mean is "that's insane!" ;) )

Anyway, if you do, after some time you may not be able to OC your CPU as much as you used to.

No not regardless of default voltage, if the default is say 1.6 then at 2.05 its nearly 30% over default, for a 1.75V cpu then it is less than 20%. it is the %age over default that counts. The obvious rider in this is cpu temperatures are an important factor in determining how far you can go with overvolting.

We're talking 1700+ DUT3C here and although others may tell you different, I strongly disagree with "if temps are OK, I have nothing to fear." approach.

This is the second time today I'm quoting:

Gautam said:
Although the percentage increase in each is the same, voltage is a squared factor for heat dissipation. I'm positive that 2v is too much even for a DUT3C. 1.95v may very well be also. The risk doesn't justify the usage of voltages that high...

No temps are an important factor but not the be all and end all - an extreme example would be putting 2.5V through a cpu which is prometeia cooled - although temps will be fine the cpu will still likely die!

Do you think it would be better for me to buy a 1800+ DLT3C?
Keep in mind that I can't find any 1700+ DLT3C here.

i have no idea what the stock voltage is of my AUIHB 2100 (guess its around 1.75, but i cannot remember) and nor do i care. I would never take this thing over 2.0v, as i just do not think its worth it (unless i had phase change, ofcourse) I am happy to run it at 1.9v, but i guess its whatever you feel safe doing. Chips are cheap at the moment, if it does, it can be easily replaced with a similar chip.

Your 2100+'s stock voltage is 1.6v. I used to run my old T-Bird on the stock cooler at 1.95v without any qualms, however, I wouldn't even run at 1.95 with my new DLT3C on water cooling, or phase-change. If you want to do some high-level overclocking for fun or for benchmarking for no more than a few hours, it shouldn't cause any problems to run at high voltages. Just don't run above 1.8v on a regular basis. An 1800+ DLT3C should be a great choice. Plenty of them outperform 1700+ DLT3C's.

Most DLT3C processors are capable of 1GHz overclock air-cooled.

I've had mine Prime95-stable at 226 X 11, though a bit hot.

I bought my XP1700+ DLT3C a few weeks ago for $70 shipped from Excaliber.

Hope this helps!

my JIUHB 2100XP died in less that 6 mths, I just woke up one day and it was cold, dead, all efforts to bring it back to life failed. I blame voltages. I used to operate @1.8-2.0V, so be cautious .....

I have run my barton at 2.2v (that isn't a typo) trying to get stability out of it, my temps were around 60C-62C at load (then system crashed). This was with a TT Volcano 9 fullspeed. Please use a CPU loader like prime95 or distrbuted.net which really taxes the CPU and run the system until it crashes or the program crashes. Then either increase or decrese your voltage and repeat to find your optimal stability. If I increase the voltage on the CPU slight from like 2.025 to 2.050 it becomes really untable like 20x more unstable. After a point a cpu will stop resonding to voltage and get more unstable. And don't run it unstabily, use as much voltage as you need, never use more than you need.

Back