• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios updates website

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Where are some websites other than the ECS site that i can get bios updates to flash my bios? I'm not sure which one to get right now. Could you guys help me out? Thanks.

I am using the Honey-X overclocking bios. It has many bus speeds and so far I like it.

FSB settings:

100.9 / 100.9 MHz
107 / 107 MHz
110 / 110 MHz
112 / 112 MHz
124 / 124 MHz
133.9 / 133.9 MHz
137.33 / 137.33 MHz
100 / 133 MHz
133 / 100 MHz
133 / 166 MHz
166 / 125 MHz*
143 / 143 MHz
147 / 147 MHz
150 / 150 MHz
166 / 166 MHz*
200 / 200 MHz*

You can read about it here.

http://pub140.ezboard.com/fk7s5amotherboardforumfrm6.showMessage?topicID=32.topic

Ok cool. I flasehd it using the utility from the disk that came with the mobo but i still have that problem with not booting up and stuff. My errors when booting up are the CMOS setting wrongs and CMOS low battery like usual. I even used my CMOS battery from my mobo before and same things happens. What could be the problem? I'm starting to get *mad *witth my k7s5a pro.

*EDIT: Sorry admins. I didn't know that word was going to be even censored or anything.

I have 2 of the these motherboards that i just bought to build computers for my family and one of them does that cmos battery wrong or low thing too. And it also doesnt detect the ps2 keyboard. And the other I get no beeps or video, this really sucks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: I loose my Cmos frequently, have Memory misdetection or am getting a blank screen at coldboots. Is there a possible fix for this?

A: Yes, you can try an other BIOS release or apply Mr.Athlons resistor fix if no BIOS will help you. For more details and how to improve it read here:
http://pub65.ezboard.com/fk7s5amotherboardforumfrm10.showMessage?topicID=567.topic
Worked for a lot of people who couldn´t fix it with an other BIOS release. There is a BIOS (021029tsd) that adresses this issue but it´s only fake. Just a renamed 021029 bios that was released before.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: I did the resistor fix but the issue persist. Does it mean this fix doesn´t work for me?

A: Maybe it doesn´t work for you but it could be also just a weak battery or a corroded battery holder.

even before I installed my K75S5A PRO I replaced the cmos battery with a duracel. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!! I did a lot of reading about the issues this board and a few peeps stated that upon replacing the cmos battery all was good.
this board has been stable as can be with 2 generic micron based pc133 cas2 256Mb stick of ram.
I'm using cheapomans bois, however I have read that honeyx's is geared more towards stability.
But I must say I'm happy to be getting an Epox 8RDA+ tomorrow with some buffalo pc 3200 DDR. I'm on my way to some DC bandwidth lovin:D

Back