• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Do Yu Attach H20 Block To Amd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

comstate-1

Registered
HOW DO YU ATTACH H2O BLOCK TO AMD: When I try to attach it the small rectangles 12 of them: 5 on the left side and 5 on the right side, and one on top and on the bottom; they seems to touch the H20 Block with the AMD Top.

I scarped off the Glue that was attached to AMD; now AMD levels with the 12 tiny rectangles tops.

Do I insert a SHIM inbetween the AMD and the BLOCK?

the lil rectangles you speak of are resistors. they should be well below the level of the top of the "amd" you speak of. which i am assuming is the die. different w/b's have different mounting systems. check with the manufacturer of your waterblock for specifics.

J.

Erm by glue did you mean the adhesive holding the CORE on to the SUBSTRATE??? Please tell me you didn't shave the core down :eek:

The capacitors are NOT meant to contact the block and are recessed enough to allow an air gap if a cooler is mounted properly. The block is meant to holt itself on the board either through mounting holes round the socket or on 6 clips on the plastic CPU holder sides.

Welcome to the party
I think you need to be more specific with what you are trying to do, give us more details. The guys here are very helpful:p

Thanks a Lot for your responses.
Sorry I'm late; I had to do some test: I inserted paper, so wide so that it did not touch round rubbler cushion(4) around the AMD Atholen 2800-333mhz(fsb) and tightened all four bolts that came with the X-AUA AMD BLOCK from Xoxide.com; it did slide out the 3/8" paper that was on top of 5 tiny Resistors.
However, I feel tha heat generated by the Block, at that close would heat up the resistors, even if they are spaced papaer tin.

I was thinking perhaps, I could Lap 1/16"tin around it.

What do you think?:(

You should have no problems with heat over the resistors. The waterblock is taking away heat not generating it. I believe he's talking about lapping the block around the die area so there will be more space between the block and the resistors, but I could be wrong.... :)

Back