• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S v2.0 w/A1 SPP & A3 MCP-T ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AJL

Registered
I have an NF7-S v2.0. I was having some fsb problems (couldn't even hit 200) so I decided to pop off the SPP hsf to see if the thermal paste wasn't making contact or something. To my suprise it had an A1 stepping SPP :eek:

This is weird, I though all Ultra 400s had A3s??? My NF7-S v1.2 had an A2 SPP. So what's the story here? Do I have a messed up board?

TY,
AJ

My recollection is the Ultra400 was just the A3 stepping of the SPP.

Here are some results I posted elsewhere:

By playing around with fsb/mem ratios, I found that I can run either the mem or the fsb at or above 200Mhz, but not both at the same time.

So I can run:

Mem/fsb

220/166 - no problem
174/210 - no problem
200/200 - crashes out of windows.

That A1 SPP chip must be the culprit since the mem and cpu each taken alone are fine.

Well, I just check an Asus A7N8X Deluxe v2.0 board and the SPP is an A1 stepping as well. Guess you are right Lithan.

The Abit board must just be fubared.
TY,
AJ

I have the A1 stepping on my 2.0 board and I'm running stable at 210/210. Try getting cool air to the NB to see if that helps things.

I'm back running the Asus - the Abit seemed fubared. For the Asus I had to remove the pink thermal material (which was barely making contact) and reseat it with AS2. Interestingly enough, the Asus has an A4 stepping on the MCP-T vs A3 on the NF7.

Back