• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB cooler kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

I have one of those kits from sidewinder for my northbridge, but i don't know if i put it on right and i dont know what my northbridge temps are.... when i use mbm5 and accidentaly selected the wrong sensor for the cpu (idk which one i selected) and it reported a temp of 110C, could this be the nb? Im asking because i odn't know if i installed the heatsink right, and it feels relatively cool to the touch. Im afread the heat isn't getting transfred to it.

I highly dount the reading of 110c was the reading from the NB, as far as i know there is no temp sensor for the NB. It was most likely an error in MBM5 and i wouldnt worry about it, although i would be tempted to go through and select each sensor individually and find out witch one reported that temperature and investigate a possible cause of the error.

If the heatsink on the NB wasnt making good catact you would experience instability, and lock ups, as you havent mentioned so im guessing you are not experiencing these so I would say it is on correctly however if you are worried I would remove it and reseat it. Sometimes you can angle the case so that you can see down the line of the motherbaord and look at the heatsink base, try doing this and see if you can see good contact, although you cant see that the correct pressure is being applied it may put your mind at rest a little.

Your NB definately isn't 110C, that's for sure...

I'm pretty sure if your BIOS reports a system temp, its the NB temperature. And if your BIOS can see it, then MBM5 can too....

Which NB cooler did you get BTW? I have yet to find a decent one that fits the newer P4 boards with the 4 hooks.... There is a new WB out though, hmm........

DP

Back