• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I notice big temp difference in system when I take off the filter in the front

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeanTownBrawler

When I remove the filter from the front of the case, the front 2 fans really feel a lot more powerful. If I keep it removed, will my case get a lot dustier? Right now the system is at 30 c with the filter in and cleaned, but it was at like 26 with it removed.

The fitlers do restrict a fair bit of air flow witch is why they dont seem very popular amongst overclocekrs. However yes you will get a bit dustier in the case and the fans will get a bit dusty, but all it required is for the dust to be taken out of the fans everyonce in a while, and its not that often either. In my opinion the drop in temps is well worth a little spring clean every so often :)

ya i took my filter out of my case right when i got it. i'd rather have the lower temps. i just clean it out every now and then.

You can minimize dust in 'odd' places by ensuring your incoming air is greater than the exhaust. Once that is achieved, the only 'dusty' spot will be around the intake. Either deal with it by cleaning every now and then, or put a less restrictive filter up front. Brillo pads are great filters, but they are highly restrictive. I've seen a few vacuum filters that allowed for greater airflow than most common PC filters. Look around, shouldn't be too hard to find a decent setup.

I say screw the filters. It isn't worth the blockage. Just blow your case out with compressed air every 1 or 2 months and your good.

Kino said:
my room is ULTRA dustier so i say stick to filters
(were talkin but a guy who had to clean his front intake filters after a week of getting them)

Dirty B^stard :p

j/k

Back